Clinical Hypnotherapist in Crystal Palace and Online
... for help with anxiety in all its many forms
Welcome to the new you!
Turn your mood around and regain control of your feelings.
Put your worries behind you.
I specialise in evidence-based approaches to the treatment of anxiety using mainly Hypnosis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This is a short term therapy with long term results.
Work through your concerns with an expert and see the difference after just a few consultations.
Qualified, licensed and insured for your safety
Share with friends...
Who can be helped with Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy?
Among the people who I have been able to help are:
- Chronic worriers or people who are unable to keep their anxiety under control. If you seem unable to stop worrying, always fretting over what might happen, I can help you to stop your mind spinning round with the same old stuff but getting nowhere.
- Where you fear a panic attack, I can help. Panic is very frightening. It can feel like a heart attack but it is not dangerous. You won't act weird or look crazy. Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy is an effective treatment, protecting you from the ongoing worry about getting another attack and the fear of losing control. You will get back to those places you have been avoiding, feeling safe and secure once more.
- If you are too easily roused to anger, touchy or sensitive, shy or self-conscious, then I can help you.
- If you are awkward in meetings or giving presentations, then I can help you with these too. You will find your voice with confidence.
- If you feel worthless or feel your self-esteem is at zero, then you will find my approach to therapy satisfying and safe. Learn how empowering and comfortable it feels like to trust yourself. Just think of the freedom that would bring. Just a few sessions too.
- If you are feeling depressed, then you might well have feelings of hopelessness and helplessness. This interferes with making everyday decisions. You might feel your mind is a constant fog, unable to concentrate and focus. You feel unable or unwilling to bother and there seems no way out, no light at the end of the tunnel. But most people with depression do feel significantly better with Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy. It is a gentle and effective therapy.
Whenever your emotions are getting in the way of being the person you want to be, doing the things you want to do, then my approach is going to help. If you are suffering with chronic pain, hot flushes, blushing, stammering, procrastination, embarrassing habits and so much more too. My approach is fast, effective and safe.
And it works for all ages. My clients range in age from 8 to over 80. Young children enjoy hypnosis and it gives great benefits for problems like school avoidance, selective eating, motor tics, fear of medical situations, shyness, and lots more. And for older people. Along with the anxieties that everyone can feel, hypnotherapy helps for coping with grief, managing pain, and rebuilding the confidence to get a wider social life.
The link between emotional issues and physical health
You will know intuitively that worrying interferes with recovery when you are ill, and there is a growing body of evidence of the interaction between our emotions and physical functioning. Not just problems like headaches and palpitations which most of us know are caused by worry, anxiety and stress. Outcomes for people with long-term conditions like heart disease have been shown to improve when underlying anxiety is treated.
When we feel low, we can become slow, tired and unmotivated. Doing anything can feel such an effort. We get short-tempered, sullen, resentful, overwhelmed. We find it impossible to relax. Many people put up with this misery for years before seeking help, unaware that help is available and progress can be really rapid.
The great news is that there are lots of effective treatments, and one of them will work for you. Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy works quickly and effectively. And you end up with a range of skills to keep yourself emotionally strong for life.
Where your feelings are causing the problems, my approach will help.
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a surprisingly natural and enjoyable experience. The discovery in 1784 of "magnetic sleep" - the deliberately induced trance-like state that we now call hypnosis - marked the beginning of psychotherapy. Freud began with hypnosis. Hypnosis continues to be an important and effective component of psychological healing.
Though there is little understanding of exactly how it works, hypnosis causes unique patterns of brain activation, which allow you to reconsider old ways of thinking. Although hypnosis can feel like sleep, brain activity remains at waking levels.You remain aware of what is going on. You can express your opinions out loud, have a conversation, and walk out the door if you wanted to! It is an experience of easy but intense focus and concentration. Hypnosis allows you to see clearly what action you want to take and creates ideas to help you to achieve it. Not magic, though the effects are magical.
Hypnosis is recommended by NICE (National Institute of Health and Care Excellence) for anxiety and IBS. It has been shown to be effective for managing chronic stress and stressful situations such as driving tests, examinations and public speaking. It is widely used in medicine for IBS, migraine and pain (including cancer pain).
What is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)?
CBT is the most effective way to tackle emotional problems, including anxiety, stress, depression, phobias, panic attacks, anger, guilt, relationship problems and any other issue where you know your feelings are getting in the way. There is a huge body of evidence demonstrating its effectiveness and it's recommended by NICE. There are lots of effective techniques, so there will be at least one to suit your needs.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with Hypnosis
Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy works quickly because it focuses on the root cause of the immediate problem. You don't need to delve into your past to get you better. Both CBT and Hypnosis are recommended by NICE, so you can imagine that together they make a powerful team. Just the thing to get you feeling better fast.
You may not realise this, but our patterns of thinking dramatically affect our moods. Unhelpful or irrational thinking patterns trigger worry and cause problems in all aspects of our lives. How we think can affect our intimate relationships, limit our chance of progress at work and interfere with our studies. We all respond differently to the situations we find ourselves in. We might cope fine in lots of aspects of our lives but feel less resilient in others. Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy helps you respond to situations in an effective and helpful way, not tripping yourself up or being your own worst enemy.
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy gives you speedy, long-lasting results. It is flexible, with a range of tried and tested approaches that ensure that your problems are resolved effectively in as short a time as possible. After just a few sessions, you will be back feeling in control, enthusiastic and optimistic.
But isn't hypnosis a bit new age and weird?
Therapeutic hypnosis is surprisingly normal and a really enjoyable and interesting experience. My approach is down to earth and straightforward. Nothing weird. No gobbledegook. No hocus pocus. I take a common-sense approach to get you feeingl better and back in control.
Television hypnotists are using the same phenomena but for a different reason. They are giving an entertaining performance for the fun of it.I am a fan of the no-nonsense approach of Darren Brown. Your goal is to get better, so that is what we will be focusing on. After just a few sessions, you will be feeling more confident and willing once again to engage in the business of living. It is fast, effective and safe. Just what you need.